Characters in the Barcode font are printed in the Wingdings font in an XPS document that is created by using the .NET Framework 3.0
Consider the following scenario:
- You have an XML Paper Specification (XPS) document that contains characters that are in the Barcode font.
- The document is created by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0.
- You use the Easy Print tool (Tswpfwrp.exe) to print the document in Windows XP or in Windows Vista.
In this scenario, the Barcode font characters are replaced by characters that are in the Wingdings font.
To resolve this issue, apply the hotfix package that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:2667241
An update rollup is available for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 980294 - Last Review: 04/10/2012 05:56:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- kbsurveynew kbqfe KB980294