The Exchange Transport service on an Exchange Server 2010 server crashes when a certain message is processed
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure journaling on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 server.
- You configure a transport agent to access email message attachments on the Exchange Server 2010 server.
In this scenario, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service on the server crashes continuously when a certain message is processed. Additionally, the mail flow to the server is blocked.Note
Disable journaling or disable the transport agent on the server to avoid a crash.
This problem occurs because a StackOverflowException exception occurs.
To resolve this problem, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about journaling, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about transport agents, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 980364 - Last Review: 06/18/2010 06:22:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup kbfix KB980364