Error message when you use the “stsadm.exe -o migrategroup” command to change the name of an Active Directory security group in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: "Error migrating user profile"
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- You install the hotfix packages that are described in Microsoft Knowledge Base articles 973409 and 973410.
- You use the Stsadm.exe -o migrategroup command to change the name of an Active Directory security group.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Error migrating user profile
Additionally, the following error message is logged in the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log:
Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.profile_MigrateGroupAccount'
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
Description of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 Cumulative Update server hotfix package (Coreserver-x-none.msp): February 23, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 980477 - Last Review: 10/04/2011 13:01:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- kbhotfixserver kbexpertiseinter kberrmsg kbsurveynew kbqfe KB980477