Error message when you create and then deploy a list, a library, or a folder that is named "Forms" on your deployment source in SharePoint Server 2010: "Error: An unexpected error has occurred"
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You create a list, a library, or a folder by using the name "Forms" on your content deployment source.
- You try to deploy this list, library, or folder.
In this scenario, the deployment fails during the import phase. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Error: An unexpected error has occurred
To work around this issue, do not use the name "Forms" when you create the list, the library, or the folder in SharePoint Server 2010.
Article ID: 980516 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 03:48:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB980516