Selected header-only email messages are fully downloaded when you search all mail items in Outlook 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010, you set your email account to download headers only.
- You have the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector COM add-in installed. (By default, the Outlook Social Connector COM add-in is installed when you install Outlook 2010.)
- You have the People Pane turned on as Normal or as Minimized.
- You have one or more email message headers selected.
- You search all mail items.
In this scenario, the email messages that are selected are fully downloaded. The email messages that are not selected remain as header-only messages.
To work around this behavior, turn off the People Pane. To do this, click People Pane in the People Pane group on the View tab, and then click Off.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 980540 - Last Review: 08/26/2011 22:13:00 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB980540