An Exchange Server 2010 mailbox user receives a NDR message when the user sends an email message to multiple internal users
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a disclaimer on a computer that is running the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport Server role.
- An Exchange Server 2010 mailbox user sends an email message to multiple internal users.
- The internal users are located in different mailbox database stores.
- The email message contains a large attachment which is bigger than 200KB.
From: Microsoft Outlook
Sent: <Date, Time>
Subject: Undeliverable: <subject>
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
<Recipient names, addresses>
The email system had a problem processing this message. Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you.
Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: <Hub Transport Server name>
#554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt message content ##
This problem occurs because multiple threads are leveraged to process the affected message when the disclaimer is configured on the Hub Transport Server. A race condition is encountered, and then the contents of the message are corrupted.
To resolve this problem, install the following update rollup:
982639 Description of Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about disclaimers, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 980701 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 03:34:05 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsurveynew KB980701