Error message when you add a user into a Farm Administrators group in SharePoint Foundation 2010 or in SharePoint Server 2010: "An unexpected error has occurred"
You add a user into a Farm Administrators group in SharePoint Foundation 2010 or in SharePoint Server 2010. In this case, you receive the following error message:
An unexpected error has occurred.
This issue occurs when you are not a local administrator.
To work around this issue, you must be a member of both the following groups on the server that is hosting the SharePoint Central Administration Web site:
- Farm administrators group
- Local administrators group
Article ID: 981229 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 03:55:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB981229