The "From" field in Outlook 2010 unexpectedly displays "Microsoft Exchange" or "Microsoft Exchange Server"
After you upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2010, you notice either of the following items in the From
field of an e-mail message that you are sending:
Microsoft Exchange Server
Instead, you should see the e-mail address for your Microsoft Exchange Server account. For example, you should see GuidoPica@Wingtiptoys.com.
This problem occurs when you upgrade to Outlook 2010 from an earlier version of Outlook and both of the following items are true:
- You use the same profile from the earlier version of Outlook.
- You have more than one e-mail account in the profile.
field is only displayed in an e-mail message when you have more than one e-mail account in your profile.
To resolve this problem, use either of the following methods:Method 1
: Modify the name of your Microsoft Exchange account in your profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2010.
- Open the Mail control panel.
- In the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Select your profile, and then click Properties.
- In the Mail Setup - <profilename> dialog box, click E-mail Accounts.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, select your Microsoft Exchange account and click Change.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click More Settings.
- On the General tab of the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, change the name of your account displayed in the Exchange Account section.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close twice.
- Click OK.
- Start Outlook 2010.
: Create a new Outlook profile.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 981237 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 03:57:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB981237