On SharePoint Server 2010, the Performance Counters - Database Servers job does not run, and you receive an error: "The network path was not found"
On a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, the execution of the Performance Counters - Database Servers diagnostic provider timer job does not run. And, you receive the following error message:
The network path was not found: Please ensure that the database server is available and that the SharePoint Timer service account is a member of the Performance Monitor Users group on the database server.
This issue occurs for one of the following reasons:
- The SharePoint Timer service account is not a member of the Performance Monitor Users group on the database server.
- The database server is down and cannot be accessed.
- The Remote Registry service was stopped on the database server.
- The RPC port, TCP Port 135, is closed on the database server.
To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they are presented.
Method 1: Add the SharePoint Timer service account to the Performance Monitor Users group
- Log on to the database server by using an administrator account.
- Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the Computer Management window, expand System Tools, expand Local Users and Groups, and then click Groups.
- Double-click Performance Monitor Users, and then click Add.
- In the Enter the object names to select box, type the SharePoint Timer account name, and then click OK.
Method 2: Start Remote Registry Service on database server
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Locate the Remote Registry Service. If it is stopped, right-click Remote Registry Service, and then click Properties.
- On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
- Under Service status, click Start.
- Click OK, and then close Services.
Method 3: Make sure that the RPC port is open on the database serverFor more information about how to configure the RPC port, TCP 135, on the database server, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
179442 How to configure a firewall for domains and trusts
832017 Service overview and network port requirements for the Windows Server system
SPO14 SPO2010 firewall tcp
Article ID: 981243 - Last Review: 09/22/2011 00:52:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB981243