Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You configure an IPv6 address for the Windows Server.
- You enable "Use a dedicated web front end computer for crawling" setting in Office SharePoint Server 2007.
In this scenario, you experience search related errors. For example, you may experience any of the following errors:
- Crawl cannot start.
- Search setting page errors occur.
- Central Admin cannot be opened on the indexer server.
This problem occurs because Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 has a static IPV6 address configured. In this situation, Office SharePoint Server incorrectly writes a link-local IPV6 address to the hosts file of the server. However, the hosts file only supports IPV4 address or IPV6 address. Therefore, the link-local IPV6 address causes the search related errors described in the Symptoms section.
To resolve this problem, apply both of the following hotfix packages:
Description of the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Cumulative Update hotfix package (coreserver-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update hotfix package (sts-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 981452 - Last Review: October 6, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
|kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe KB981452|