The "Show customer submitted Office.com content" option does not work in an Office 2010 application
Consider the following scenario. In a Microsoft Office 2010 application, the Show customer submitted Office.com content check box is not selected. You select this check box, and then you submit content to Office.com. In this scenario, the content does not appear in the application as expected.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo work around this issue, delete the FileNewCSCFilter registry entry or set the FileNewCSCFilter registry value to 2. To have us workaround this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather fix it yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo fix this problem automatically , click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfTo resolve this problem yourself, follow these steps:
- In Windows Vista, Click , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General\
- Click the FileNewCSCFilter registry entry. Then, use one of the following methods:
- On the Edit menu, click Modify, type 2, and then click OK.
- On the Edit menu, click Delete. Then, in the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click Yes.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To locate the Show customer submitted Office.com content check box in a Microsoft Office 2010 application, follow these steps:
- On the File tab, click Options.
- In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- The Show customer submitted Office.com content check box is located under the General section.
Article ID: 981488 - Last Review: 09/04/2013 08:23:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, Microsoft Office Professional 2010, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb kbfixme kbmsifixme KB981488