You cannot open a database in the SharePoint Management console of SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010 even though you are a farm administrator who has full administrator rights
Consider the following scenario in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010:
- You are a farm administrator who has full administrator rights.
- You try to open a database that was created in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) in the SharePoint Management console.
In this scenario, the database does not open. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Database database_name is too old and cannot be upgraded.
This problem may occur because the database does not contain a user account that is listed as a valid logon with db_owner level rights.
To resolve this problem, you must be a member of the db_owner fixed database role for the database.
Article ID: 981490 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 04:04:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbtshoot kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB981490