The 32-bit version of toolbars in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer 8 randomly disappear
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running the 64-bit version of a Windows operating system.
- You have Windows Internet Explorer 8 installed in the computer.
- You have the 32-bit version of some toolbars installed in Internet Explorer 8.
- You start the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 8.
In this scenario, the toolbars in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer 8 randomly disappear.Note
This problem does not occur if you have both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of the toolbars installed.
Security update information
To resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website: Note
This update was first included in security update 982381 (MS10-035). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS10-035: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
To work around this problem, follow these steps in Internet Explorer 8:
- Click Tools, and then point to Toolbars.
- Select the toolbar that you want to display.
Article ID: 982075 - Last Review: 02/03/2011 18:39:00 - Revision: 3.1
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB982075