FIX: "0x800706fc" error when you try to view the policy rule properties in the ISA Server Management console in ISA Server 2006
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a full trust relationship between two domains that are not in the same Active Directory forest.
- You install Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 in one domain.
- You define a user group that contains some users from both domains. You use this group in a policy rule.
- The domain controller of another domain is not available temporarily.
- You try to view the policy rule properties in the ISA Server Management console.
In this scenario, you cannot manage rules and groups that contain users from another domain in ISA Server 2006 Management Console. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
0x800706fc The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.
To resolve this issue, install the hotfix rollup package that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package: April 13, 2010
To work around this issue, wait until the domain controller that is temporarily unavailable is available again.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 982179 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 04:06:09 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfix kbsurveynew kbqfe kbexpertiseinter KB982179