"Changes could not be saved into the document" error message when you create a new site that is based on a saved site template from a SharePoint Server 2010 site that contains signed InfoPath forms
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 site.
- This site contains signed InfoPath forms.
- You save the SharePoint site as a site template (.wsp) file. This is also known as a solution package in SharePoint Server 2010.
- You create a new site that is based on the site template file that you saved.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Changes could not be saved into the document.
The document is digitally signed. Remove the digital signature in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible XML editor such as Microsoft InfoPath.
This problem occurs because the signatures become invalid and the content will not open when a solution package that contains signed files is moved to a different location.
To work around this problem, do not select the "Include Content" option when you save the SharePoint site as a site template or as a solution package.
Article ID: 982252 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 04:09:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982252