Error message when you run a data connection to a Web service on a SharePoint server in an InfoPath 2010 form: "401 - Unauthorized"
Consider the following scenario:
- Your Web form is published to a SharePoint server.
- You create a Microsoft InfoPath 2010 form that uses data connections to data that is located on the same SharePoint server.
- You use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or a custom host header in the InfoPath form.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
401 - Unauthorized
To work around this issue, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
You receive error 401.1 when you browse a Web site that uses Integrated Authentication and is hosted on IIS 5.1 or a later version
Article ID: 982253 - Last Review: 09/22/2011 14:36:00 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Infopath 2010
- kbtshoot kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982253