FIX: "(System.MissingMethodException) Method not found" error message when you configure WCF-based adapters in BizTalk Server 2006 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- On a computer that is running Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2, you install Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0.
- In BizTalk Server Administration, you create a send port or a receive location.
- You select one of the following adapters from BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 as the transport type:
- You try to configure the transport properties for the selected adapter.
In this scenario, you cannot configure the transport properties. Instead, you receive the following error message:
Error loading properties.
(System.MissingMethodException) Method not found: 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Converters.BindingFactory.CreateBindingConfigurationElement(System.String, System.String)'.
This problem occurs because of a design change in the Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Common.dll file in BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
The hotfix that resolves this problem is included in cumulative update package 1 for BizTalk Server 2006 R2 SP1.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 1 for BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about BizTalk Server hotfixes, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Information about BizTalk Server hotfixes
Article ID: 982384 - Last Review: 04/27/2010 02:55:13 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Branch Edition
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Developer Edition
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Standard Edition
- kbbiztalk2006r2presp2fix kbbiztalk2006r2sp1fix kbbtsadapters kbtshoot kbfix kberrmsg kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982384