"Outlook Web Access has disabled this link for your security" error message when you click a link in an e-mail message in Outlook Web Access 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- You receive an e-mail message that contains links from a sender on the Internet.
- You open the e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2007.
- You click a link in the e-mail message.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Outlook Web Access has disabled this link for your security.
This behavior is by design. In OWA 2007, URLs which do not comply with safe URL standards are replaced with a link to the UrlBlockedError.aspx page on the Client Access Server.
Note URLs such as a local URL, a standard http: or https: URL, or a URL that begins with mailto: or ftp: behave correctly in OWA 2007.
This behavior is fixed in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
Article ID: 982463 - Last Review: 04/23/2010 03:10:33 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- kbtshoot kberrmsg kbbug kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB982463