FIX:The MaxConnectionsPerSystem property value in the WCF-SAP adapter is reset to the default value of 50 after you change the property value
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article applies to the following product:
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0
Consider the following scenario:
- You use the Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)-based SAP adapter (also known as Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for mySAP Business Suite 3.0) from Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 on a computer that is running Microsoft BizTalk Server.
- You set the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property that is displayed in the binding properties page of the WCF SAP adapter to a certain value.
- You close and then reopen BizTalk Administration.
- You open the binding properties page of the WCF-SAP adapter.
For example, you create a send port that uses the WCF- SAP adapter. Then, you follow these steps:
- In the binding properties page of the WCF-SAP adapter, you set the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property value to 33.
- You close and then reopen BizTalk Administration.
- You open the send port properties and the binding properties page of the WCF-SAP adapter.
Cumulative update informationThe hotfix that resolves this issue is included in Cumulative Update 1 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2444952 Cumulative update package 1 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
For BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
To work around this issue, follow these steps.
- Set the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property on a receive location or send the port that uses the WCF-SAP adapter to 21. Click Apply and then click OK to exit the properties page.
- Open the properties page again and set the value to the desired value.
WCF-SAP adapter best practicesAll ports configured to use the WCF-SAP adapter that uses the same SAP server should run in the same host instance. The MaxConnectionsPerSystem property is a process-wide setting. If there are two ports running in different host instances that use the same SAP server, the number of connections will be the total value. For example:In HostA, SendPortA has the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property set to 25. In HostB, SendPortB has the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property set to 15. In this example, the number of connections will be 40 (25+15). To prevent this behavior, configure the WCF-SAP adapter ports by using the same SAP server to run in the same host instance.
The MaxConnectionsPerSystem property for all ports that is running in the same host instance should be set to the same value.For example, in a single host instance, there are two send ports: SendPortA and SendPortB. SendPortA has the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property set to 10 and SendPortB has the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property set to 15. The send port will be activated when it receives the first message. If the SendPortA is activated first, the static variable will be set to 10. If SendPortB is activated next, the static variable will be set to 15.To prevent this behavior, the MaxConnectionsPerSystem property for all ports running in the same host instance should be set to the same value.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the WCF-SAP properties, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
2003907 Information on BizTalk Server hotfixeshttp://
Article ID: 982481 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 04:16:06 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbtsadapters kbexpertiseadvanced kbautohotfix kbbiztalk2009presp1fix kbsurveynew kbqfe kbHotfixServer KB982481