The Storman.aspx page is removed from SharePoint Server 2010 RTM
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 RTM, the Storman.aspx page is removed.
This problem occurs because the Storman.aspx page is likely to cause SQL blocking. This page affects the performance of the content database that your site belongs to.
The Storman.aspx page is used for storage management. For example, the page can show you the top 100 documents or document libraries in terms of size. Therefore, you can use the page to clean up some content from your site by deleting the large content that you no longer need. Because there is no replacement for this page, use one of the following methods to regain certain functionalities:
- Use Web analytics reports to analyze various aspects of sites and of site collections. For more information about the reports, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
- Verify the version information of each document on the Version History page. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the SharePoint Server Web site that contains the document.
- Point to the name of the document, click the drop-down list, and then click Version History.
- Use Windows Explorer to check the sizes of the documents that are in a document library. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the document library name in SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
- On the Library tab, click Open with Explorer.
- Right-click a document, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, view the size of the document.
- Use the SPSite.StorageManagementInformation method to return information about storage management for the site collection. For more information about the method, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
SPSite.StorageManagementInformation method (Microsoft.SharePoint)
Note An improved version of the Storman.aspx page is added to SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This improved version enables users to better understand where their quota is going and to act upon that information to reduce the size of their sites.
To download SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2460045 Description of SharePoint Server 2010 SP1
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 982587 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 04:19:27 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbprb KB982587