Custom data graphics that use certain ShapeSheet functions do not update in Visio Services on a server that is running SharePoint Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a custom data graphic that uses a ShapeSheet function in Microsoft Visio 2010.
- You apply the custom data graphic to data-linked shapes in a Visio diagram.
- You publish the diagram as a .vdw file to Visio Services on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You update the data source.
In this scenario, the custom data graphics do not update when you update the diagram.
This behavior occurs because Visio Services does not recalculate all ShapeSheet functions when they are not bound to updated data columns in the data source.
To resolve this behavior, you must use the ShapeSheet functions in a formula that contains a reference to a data bound shape data.
For more information about the ShapeSheet functions in Visio Services, see section 2.5.3 of the following document on the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
Article ID: 982704 - Last Review: 01/04/2011 22:26:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982704