"0xC004F025 The Software Licensing Service reported that the action requires administrator privilege" error message when you try to complete the activation process of Office 2010
When you try to complete the activation process of Microsoft Office 2010, you receive the following error message:
0xC004F025 The Software Licensing Service reported that the action requires administrator privilege.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- In Windows Vista or in Windows 7, click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press CTRL+ALT+ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type the activation command, and then press ENTER.
Note The activation command slmgr.vbs has many switches. You can choose the switch that you want.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Microsoft product activation, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center
For more information about the Microsoft Production Activation Solution Center, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 982747 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 04:20:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbsurveynew KB982747