The sort order of a report may be different in Access 2010 than when the report is opened in a web browser on a server that is running Access Services in SharePoint Server 2010
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You publish a Microsoft Access 2010 database to a server that is running Access Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- The database contains the following items:
- A table with a numeric field.
- A query that is based on the table and that is sorted by the numeric field.
- A report that is based on the query.
- You open the report in your web browser.
In this scenario, the sort order of the report is expected. However, when you open the report in Access 2010, the sort order of the report may be different.Note
This issue may also occur when the report is based on the table.
This issue occurs because Access 2010 does not maintain the sort order of the report.
To work around this issue, use the Order By property to obtain the desired sort order.
Article ID: 982783 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 04:25:03 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft Access 2010
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982783