A tagged document is not displayed in the search results when the file name contains a lowercase "i" in SharePoint Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 installed on a server that is running a Turkish version of Windows.
- You have a document whose file name includes a lowercase "i" character.
- You upload the document to a document library on the SharePoint server.
- You add a tag to the document on the SharePoint server.
- You run a full search crawl on the SharePoint server.
In this scenario, the document's file name is not included in the "Tagged Items" search results on the Tag Profile page for the tag.
This issue occurs because of a problem in the security trimming feature in SharePoint Server on a server that is running a Turkish version of Windows.
To work around this issue, disable navigation security trimming in the site collection to which the tagged document is added. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the document library that contains the tagged document.
- Click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings.
- Click Site Collection Navigation.
- Under Security Trimming, click to clear the Enable security trimming check box.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about tagging in SharePoint Server 2010 and about security trimming, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 982951 - Last Review: 08/31/2010 16:29:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB982951