The notes that are posted to a Note Board in a document library are not visible on a server that is running SharePoint Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- By default, security trimming is enabled on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You have a Web Part page in a SharePoint document library.
- You add a Note Board Web Part to the Web Part page.
- The URL property field of the Note Board Web Part is blank.
- You locate the Web Part page in the SharePoint document library, and then you post a note to the Note Board.
- A user views a newsfeed of the Note Board, or a user views your "Tags and Notes" page.
In this scenario, the user cannot see the notes that you posted to the Note Board.
This issue occurs because of a known problem in the navigation security trimming in SharePoint Server 2010.
To work around this issue, add the absolute URL of the Web Part page to the URL property field of the Note Board Web Part.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Note Board, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 982953 - Last Review: 09/04/2010 01:25:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB982953