When you click a link in an email message on your mobile phone to a page on a SharePoint 2010 site, the browser on your mobile phone does not open to the SharePoint page
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a mobile phone that is enabled for Exchange ActiveSync.
- On a SharePoint site webpage on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint 2010, you click E-mail a link to send the URL of the SharePoint page in an email message.
- On your mobile phone, you open the email message.
- In the email message on your mobile phone, you click the link to the SharePoint page.
In this scenario, the browser on your mobile phone opens to your home page. However, you expect the browser on your mobile phone to open to the SharePoint page.
There is no workaround or resolution for this issue. The expected behavior that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section is currently unsupported in SharePoint Server 2010.
For more information about Exchange ActiveSync and mobile phones, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 982981 - Last Review: 08/31/2010 16:24:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB982981