The .xls file as an attachment is empty when you access an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using OWA
<appSettings>.. <add key = "BypassOwaXmlAttachmentFiltering" value="true" />..</appSettings>
<drive>\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa
The BypassOwaXmlAttachmentFiltering option lets you disable XML sniffing for attachments.
Note If the value of the BypassOwaXmlAttachmentFiltering option is set to True, you may see the XML context on the attachment.
Important You have to set the .xls file name extension in the Force Save list in the Direct File Access Setting page in the Exchange Management Console to take this hotfix to effect. To set a file type in the Force Save list, follow these steps:
- In the Exchange Management Console, click Server Configuration, and then click Client Access.
- In the action pane, under the Outlook Web Access tab, click Properties.
- Either click the Public Computer File Access tab or click the Private Computer File Access tab.
- Under Direct file access, select the Enable direct file access check box to let users download attachments.
- Click Customize.
- On the Direct File Access Settings page, click Force Save. Then, set the .xls file name extensions in the Enter the file extensions you want to force save, one at a time dialog box on the Force Save List page, and then click Add.
- Click OK three times to save your settings.
Article ID: 983200 - Last Review: 06/18/2010 03:59:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbhotfixrollup kbfix KB983200