How to turn off the "I Like It" and the "Tags & Notes" features in SharePoint Server 2010
This article describes how to turn off the "I Like It" and the "Tags & Notes" features in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
To turn off the "I Like It" and the "Tags & Notes" features, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: At the User or Group level
- In Central Administration, click Manage Service Applications.
- Click User Profile Service Application.
- Click Manage User Permissions in the People section.
- Select the user or group for which you want to turn off the "I Like It" and the "Tags & Notes" features.
- Under Permissions, click to clear the Use Social Features check box.
- Click OK.
Method 2: At the Farm level
- In Central Administration, click System Settings.
- Click Manage Farm Features.
- In the Social Tags and Note Board Ribbon Controls row, click Deactivate, and then click Deactivate this feature.
For more information, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 983263 - Last Review: 08/30/2010 21:14:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbsurveynew kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB983263