ACC: Microsoft Access Cannot Find DESKEDIT.EXE File (1.x/2.0)
This article was previously published under Q98803
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
If you attempt to open the Microsoft Access README.TXT file or clickthe Microsoft Access Q&A icons, you may receive the following errormessage:
Cannot find DESKEDIT.EXE.
This error results when Norton Desktop for Windows, one of the NortonUtilities, has been deleted from your computer. This change causesMicrosoft Windows to lose the association with the .TXT files.
In Windows File Manager, reassociate your text files using Notepad, asfollows:
- Open the Access subdirectory in File Manager.
- Select the README.TXT file.
- From the File menu, choose Associate.
- In the Associate dialog box, choose Text File (NOTEPAD.EXE).
- Press ENTER. Your text files are now reassociated.
Norton Utilities is manufactured by Peter Norton Computing, a vendorindependent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Article ID: 98803 - Last Review: 10/22/2013 20:17:32 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Access 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 1.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbenv kbprb KB98803