You can join your appointment via Microsoft Teams Meetings from any device, whether or not you have used Teams before. The following instructions are for joining from a desktop computer.
Want to join from a phone or tablet instead? Switch to the Mobile tab at the top of this article to learn how.
Join from a computer
1. Open your booking confirmation email and select the Join Teams meeting link.
2. That'll take you right to the meeting if you're using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, our recommended web browsers.
On other web browsers, you'll be shown three choices. For the fastest way to join, select Continue on this web browser.
3. A message may appear asking if it's okay for Teams to use your mic and camera. Select Allow so the other people on the video call can see and hear you.
4. Enter your name and make sure your audio and video are toggled on.
5. When you're ready, hit Join now.
6. Wait until the person conducting your appointment admits you to the meeting.
Note: If no one admits you to the meeting within 15 minutes, you'll be removed from the meeting lobby. If that happens, you can try joining again.
7. When the person conducting your appointment joins, their video appears in the main screen and yours appears in the lower right corner.
8. When your appointment is done, select End call.
You can join your booking appointment on a smart phone or tablet using the Microsoft Teams mobile app.
Want to join from a desktop computer instead? Switch to the Desktop tab at the top of this article to learn how.
Join from a phone or tablet
Get the Microsoft Teams mobile app in advance of your appointment.
From your mobile device, click on the appropriate link below:
Download Microsoft Teams for iOS
Download Microsoft Teams for Android
Or, open App Store or Google Play on your mobile device and search for Microsoft Teams.
Download the app.
Note: Just having the app on your device is all that's needed to join your appointment when the time comes. You're all set--you don't need to open the app, sign in, or sign up.
A few minutes before your appointment, open your booking email confirmation and select Join Teams meeting.
Type your name and tap Join meeting.
If the person conducting your appointment hasn't joined yet, wait for them to let you in the meeting.
You'll see meeting controls when you first join. These become hidden during the meeting. Tap your screen to show them at any time. Tap again to hide them.
If you didn't have a chance to download the Teams app in advance of the meeting, no problem.
After you click Join Teams meeting from your booking email confirmation, you'll land on a screen that tells you to get the Teams app. If you're on an iOS device, you'll be taken to the App Store; if you're on an Android device, you'll be taken to Google play. Follow the prompts to download the app.
Important: On iOS, you may first see a message dialog pop up. Click Ok to dismiss the message, then click "Get Teams" to download the app.