Error - "Retirement Date's fiscal Year Must be in Current Fiscal Year for the Corporate Book (Retirement Date)" occurs when performing the Undo Retirement process.
The system allows you to retire an asset as of a prior Fixed Assets fiscal year, but it does not allow you to undo retirement as of a prior Fixed Assets fiscal year.
Delete the Fixed Asset and then set it up again following the steps below:
1. Print the Fixed Assets to General Ledger Reconciliation report for this asset - (Reports | Fixed Assets | Activity). Choose the asset and print the report to see the information that has interfaced to the General Ledger for this account.
2. Delete the Asset - (Utilities | Fixed Assets | Delete) This will completely remove the Fixed Asset but will not change any figures in the General Ledger.
3. Verify that everything has been interfaced to the General Ledger for all assets. If it has not you will want to interface all of the data to the General Ledger so only this assets changes will be interfaced in step 6.
4. Enter the asset (Cards | Fixed Assets | General) and book record (Cards | Fixed Assets | Book) and Depreciate the asset (Routines | Fixed Assets | Depreciate One Asset) to the point it was depreciated before.
5. Run the GL Interface and delete this batch as the depreciation had already been accounted for in the General Ledger. You can verify this from the Fixed Assets to General Ledger Reconciliation report that you printed in step 1.
6. Retire the asset using the correct date.
7. Run the GL Interface for the retirement and post this information to the General Ledger, as this had not yet been posted to the GL.