How to add the Inventory Item Number Sold to the GL Trial Balance Detail when using Invoicing.
Please follow the steps below in order to add the Inventory Item Number Sold to the GL Trial Balance Detail.
1. Create a table relationship in Report Writer by clicking on Tables | Tables and selecting the GL YTD Transaction Open table and click Open.
2. In the Table Definitions window click on the Relationships button and click on New.
3. In the Table Relationship Definition window the Primary Table will default with Year-to-date Transaction Open. Select the Invoicing Transaction Amounts History table as the Secondary table.
4. Select IVC_LINE_HST_Key 1 as the Secondary Table Key.
5. Select Originating Document Number from the drop down list next to Invoice Number.
6. Select Originating TRX Type from the drop down next to Document Type and leave the remaining two drop down selections blank. Click OK.
7. Close the Table Relationship window, click OK on the Table Definition window, and close the Tables window.
8. Choose the Reports Button and select Trial Balance Detail from the Original Reports list and insert it into the Modified Reports list and highlight it in the Modified Reports list and click Open.
9. From the Report Definition window choose Tables. This opens the Report Table Relationships window where you need to highlight the Year-to-Date Transaction Open table and choose New.
10. Double click on Invoicing Transaction Amounts History which will place that table in the Report Table Relationships window where you choose Close.
11. From the Report Definition window choose Restrictions and select New from the Report Restrictions window to create a restriction.
12. In the Report Restriction Definition window, give the restriction a name (whatever you choose), select Invoicing Transaction Amounts History as the Report Table, and then select Item Number as the Table Fields and click on Add Field. Under Operators, click on the equals sign (=) and click on Add Field again. Choose OK, and close the Report Restrictions window.
13. Back at the Report Definition window choose Layout which opens the report layout.
14. From the Toolbox on the left, click the drop down and choose Invoicing Transaction Amounts History, which will populate the list below with the fields from that table.
15. Scroll down and find the Item Number field and click and drag it to the body of the report. You may need to do some adjusting to other fields in order to find a place to fit this new field on to the body of the report.
16. To save the report layout, click the X at the top of the Report Layout window and choose OK from the Report Definition window.
17. Return to Dynamics / eEnterprise and grant security to the modified report under Setup | System | Security.
18. Print the report to check the placement of the new field.
Note - If you have more than one line item, it will print more than one line on the Trial Balance, but it will not add the amounts into the total. In other words, it will look like it is duplicating the entry, but it is actually printing the line more than once to show the different line items, but it is not duplicating the amounts that are added into the total, so your totals will be correct.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 27455
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.