Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
This article describes how to upgrade integrations that were created on an earlier version of Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains Integration Manager to a new version of Integration Manager.
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To upgrade integrations from an earlier versions of Integration Manager to your new version of Integration Manager, follow these steps:
1. Make a backup of your Im.mdb file. By default, this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager folder.
2. Using Add or Remove Programs, uninstall the current version of Integration Manager.
3. On your local workstation, delete the folder where Integration Manager was installed. To find this folder, search for the Im.exe file.
4. Delete the Im.dic file. This file is located in your local installation folder for Great Plains.
5. On the workstation, click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .
6. Locate the following registry subkey:
HKey_LocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Great Plains\Integration Manager
7. Delete the Integration Manager folder.
8. Locate the following registry subkey:
HKey_CurrentUser\Software\Microsoft\Great Plains\Integration Manager
9. Delete the Integration Manager folder.
Note If this folder does not exist, the uninstall process may already have removed it.
10. Locate the following registry subkey:
HKey_LocalMachine\Software\Great Plains Software
11. Delete the Integration Manager folder if it exists.
Note The folder may exist if an earlier version of Integration Manager was installed.
12. Remove the following files from the %system% folder:
Note The quickest way to locate these files is to follow these steps:
a. Search for CB*.* in the %system% folder.
b. Delete all files that are found.
c. Search for TTG*.dll in the %system% folder.
d. Delete all files that are found.
13. Install the new version of Integration Manager and any service packs that are available.
14. Replace the new Im.mdb file with the backup of the Im.mdb file that you created in step 1.
15. Start Integration Manager, click Tools , click Options , and then specify the path of the new Im.mdb file.
Note If you receive an error message that states that the destination does not exist, you may have to add the destination again for certain integrations.
MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
Tech reviewer: KVogel
Article ID : 859738
First Published: : 5/8/2003
Last Revised: : 12/31/2014
Revision : 8.0
Modification Type : Major
Language Locale : en-us
Article Status : Published Externally
Confidentiality : Public