I would like to see the notes attached to my item print on the SOP blank return form. How do I do this?
1) Go into Report Writer by clicking Tools, click Customize , and then click Customization Maintenance .
2) In Report Writer , click the Tables button on the top menu bar.
3) Locate IV_Item_MSTR , click Open , click Relationships , and then click New .
4) In the Table Relationship Definition window, click Record Notes Master to select the secondary table, and then click Key 1 to select the secondary table key. Line up the following fields: Note Index = Note Index
5) Close all windows and save your changes.
6) Open the Report Definition window and click the Tables button on that window.
7) In Report Writer (Tools - Customize - Report Writer ), click on the Reports button on the toolbar and select the SOP Blank Return Form in the Original Reports List.
8) Click on the Insert button to insert the report into the Modified Reports List.
9) Next, double-click on the SOP Blank Return Form in the modified reports list to open the Report Definition window.
10) In the Report Definition window, click on the Tables button to access the Report Table Relationships window. Next, highlight the Sales Transactions Amounts Work table, and click on the New button.
11) Highlight the Item Master table, and click on the OK button. The Item Master table should now be added to the report.
12) Highlight the Item Master table, and click on the New button. Next, highlight the Record Notes Master table, and click on the OK button. Now, the Record Notes Master table should be added to the report.
13) Close the window and click on Layout .
14) In the layout, add the Text Field from the Record Notes Master into the PH & RH of the report. You will want to test the report to see if the text field needs to be shortened or expanded.
15) Close the report and save your changes.
16) Return to Dynamics\eEnterprise (File - Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise) and give access to the modified report in Security Setup ( Setup - System - Security ).
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 27207