When trying to modify the PM Aged Trial Balance with options Detail, I would like to get this report to be singled spaced between invoices. I removed the footer that said double space and moved up the other footer to get rid of what looked like an extra line. I gave myself security and still the report is double spacing.
To make this report single space, you will need to create a calculated field to add together all the Applied Amount fields. (In this example, there are 4 Aging buckets and 4 Applied Amount fields.)
1. To create the calculated field, go to Report Writer and open the Layout of this report. Then click on the drop down in the Toolbox and select Calculated Fields and choose New on the bottom.
2. Give your Calculated Field a name, and then click on the Resources drop-down and select PM Aged Trial Balance Apply To Temp.
3. For the Field select Applied Amount - Aging Periods and click Add. You will be asked to enter the Array Index, and this will be 1. Then you will click on the 'plus' sign on the right, and then click on Add again and enter the Array Index of 2. Continue with this process until all of your aging buckets are included. As I mentioned, I had a total of 4, so that would mean that I would need to keep adding this field with the different Array Index up to 4.
4. When you have finished the expression, click OK and your Calculated Field will be saved.
5. Drag your calculated field on to the report right next to the first Applied Amount field.
6. Highlight the Total field and click on Tools | Report Section Options on the top toolbar.
7. In the Report Section Options window, check the box to Suppress When Field is Empty under the Body section and select your Total field as the Calculated Field.
8. Verify that you have removed the Double Space footer in this window too.
9. Next, double-click on the Total field and choose to make it invisible, so it will not print on the report.
10. Once you have finished these steps, verify that you have security to the report and print it.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 26095
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.