I am trying to use Account Modifier/Combiner in PSTL by importing. When I click the modify button I receive the message below. I have already validated my accounts.
Need to Validate
You must run the Validate button first.
You have to validate your accounts first.
1. Use a brand new file with only a few accounts for testing.
2. Make sure you are using dashes in your file, regardless of what you use in Great Plains as the account separator.
3. Be sure you are TABBING between the old account and new account.
4. Be sure you have hit the RETURN key after entering the final account.
5. Make sure there are no blank lines at the end of the file. Use Explorer and right-click on the file and open it with Notepad. Click to put your cursor at the top of the file and then press CONTROL-END so the cursor goes to the last line in the file. Preass the BACKSPACE key until the cursor moves to the end of the last line with data and then press RETURN once so the cursor goes to the next line (below the last line of data). Save the file and test again.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 27028
Query words: PSTL validation importing import range
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.