Is there a report that will show the difference between the document date and the posting date for transactions in Payables Management?
This report would need to be created using Report Writer. The document and posting date information is stored together but the documents are stored in two different files: the PM Transaction Open (PM20000) and the PM Paid Transaction History (PM30200). If the invoice is paid, it will be in the PM Paid Transaction History file, but if the invoice is unpaid, it will be in the PM Transaction Open file. You would need to create two reports in Report Writer to show the dates for all documents.
1) Go into Report Writer and click on Reports, then New.
2) Give the report a name, choose Purchasing as the Series, and then select the PM Transaction Open file as the Main Table.
3) In the report Layout, pull the Document Date and Posting Date fields into the body. Other fields, such as Document Amount, Document Number, Vendor ID, etc. should also be pulled into the body of the report. Exit the layout and save.
4) Click on the Restrictions button, and click on New. Give the restriction a name. Enter the following restriction:
PM_Transaction_OPEN.Document Date<>PM_Transaction_OPEN.Posting Date
Click on OK to save the restriction.
5) Print the report in Report Writer, or return to Dynamics and print it from Reports-Customized. The report will only print OPEN documents which have a different document and posting date. (If you want to print for those documents in which the posting date and document date are the same, do not add the restriction in step 4.)
6) Repeat the previous steps, except change the Main Table in Step 2 to the PM Paid Transaction History file. Also, the restriction in Step 4 will now read:
PM_Paid_Transaction_HIST.Document Date<>PM_Paid_Transaction_HIST.Posting Date
The documents that are in HISTORY will print on the second report.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 2256
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.