What are the steps to modify the Purchase Receipts Report - Summary (Reports - Inventory - Activity - Purchase Receipts) in Report Writer to subtotal by Inventory Account index and Class ID.
1. Go into Report Writer. (Tools | Customize | Report Writer).
2. Click on the Reports icon from the top menu bar.
3. From the Original Reports side, highlight the Inventory Purchase Receipts Summary and choose insert.
4. Then on the Modified Reports side, highlight the same report and choose the Open button.
5. In the Report Definition window choose the Sort button.
6. In the Sorting Definition window, click on the drop down list for the Report Table and select the Item Master file.
7. In the Table Fields section, highlight the Item Class Code and choose the Insert button.
8. Then highlight the IV IV Index and choose the Insert button.
9. The Sort by list should show the fields in the following order: IV IV Index of the table Item Master Item Class Code of the table Item Master
10. Choose the OK button.
11. In the Report Definition window, click on the Tables button from the upper right hand corner of the Report Definition window. Then, from the Related Tables window, highlight the Item Master table and click 'New." Highlight the Account Master table and click "OK."
12. Choose the Tools option from the top menu bar, then select Report Section Options.
13. In the additional footers section highlight the Additional Footer called "00527Item" and choose the New button.
14. Name the footer "Class."
15. Click on the drop down list for report table and choose the Item Master.
16. In the field section, highlight Item Class Code.
17. Select the OK button.
18. In the additional footer section highlight Class and choose the New button.
19. Name the footer Index.
20. Click on the drop down list for report table and choose the Item Master.
21. In the field section, highlight IV IV Index.
22. Select the OK button.
23. In the Toolbox choose IV Purchase Receipts Summary Temp from the drop down list.
24. In the scrolling window find QTY Received and drag it into the F2 section on the report. (This will print the subtotal for the class within the index.) You may also add fields such as the Item Class Code field from the Item Master file, etc. to the F2 section, if you wish.
25. In the report layout, double click on the field that was just put on the report.
26. Set the Field Type to Sum.
27. Choose the OK button.
28. In the Toolbox choose IV Purchase Receipts Summary Temp from the drop down list.
29. In the scrolling window find QTY Received and drag it into the F1 section on the report. (This will print the subtotal for the division.) You may also add the Account number field from the Account Master and any other desired information for the division to the F2 section of the layout, if you wish.
30. In the report layout, double click on the field that was just put on the report.
31. Set the Field Type to Sum.
32. Choose the OK button.
33. Choose the X from the top right corner of the Report Layout window.
34. Save your changes.
35. Click OK in the Report Definition window.
36. From the top menu bar, choose File | Great Plains Dynamics.
37. Give users access to the modified report in the Security Setup window (Setup | System | Security) within Dynamics.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 3824
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.