Question: When attempting to enter the Payables Transaction Entry Screen, the following error message ‘ Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field ‘Denomination Exchange Rate’ in script ‘MC_Set_Currency_Index_ Without_ScrollWin’. Script terminated.’ occurs. We are not registered for Multicurrency and the error only occurs for one company, which was recently created. What can I do to resolve?
Answer: To resolve, complete the following steps in no particular order. Try opening the Payables Transaction Entry Screen between each step.
1. Check Help - About Great Plains Dynamics - Options, registration for Multicurrency exists if the Multicurrency Management option is marked. If not registered for Multicurrency, rename the entire MC*.* files located under the company’s subfolders.
2. Check for 3rd party applications installed ( Tools - Customize - Customization Status), and temporarily disable for testing.
3. Check if the error is workstation and/or user and/or company specific, if applicable.
4. Reconcile security tables ( Utilities - System - Reconcile ) for the company experiencing the error.
5. Reselect the security setup for the Purchasing Series, (Setup - System - Security) for the each user by first unmarking all the items from the Access List. Next reselect the desired items again.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 19537