Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.
It is no longer available for download.
To install the latest version of Windows Live Essentials 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:Note By clicking Download means you agree to the Microsoft service agreement and privacy statement.
The download may include updates to Windows Live programs you already have. You’ll get updates to these and other Microsoft programs from Microsoft Update. This software may also download and install some updates automatically.
For more information about the Windows Live Essentials, visit the following Microsoft Website:
Windows Live Essentials requirements
- Operating system: 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 with the Platform Update for Windows Vista; or Windows 7; or Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update for Windows Server 2008; or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM or higher
- Resolution: Minimum: 1024 × 576
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access (provided separately). Local or long-distance charges may apply.
- Graphics or video card: Windows Live Movie Maker requires a video card that supports DirectX 9 or higher and Shader Model 2 or higher.
- For Photo Gallery and Movie Maker: Some required components of DirectX 9 may be installed for you if they're not already on your computer.
- For Windows Live Mesh: To run Windows Live Mesh on a Mac, you must have OS X 10.5 or newer installed. If you already installed an earlier version of Window Live Sync beta or Live Mesh beta, please see the detailed release notes for additional requirements.Instructions
Article ID: 2434419 - Last Review: 07 Nov 2017 - Revision: 3