Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following methods, depending on your operating system:
- In Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DoNotIncludeNickNameCacheInSearch, and then press Enter.
- In the details pane, right-click DoNotIncludeNickNameCacheInSearch, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3054208 - Last Review: 10 Jul 2015 - Revision: 1