Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) for all regions.
- When you close Store Operations POS, the SOPOSUSER.exe service does not stop. This causes a problem when you try to reopen Store Operations POS. When you double-click to reopen Store Operations POS, nothing happens. To have Store Operations POS opened, you have to go into the Windows Task Manager, and then manually stop the SOPOSUSER.exe process first.
BUG #: 2905 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- Adds a new Dynamics Online Payment Services Electronic Draft Capture report in Store Operations Manager.
Note This resembles the previously available report when you use TSYS.
BUG #: 2926 (Retail Management Systems SE)
IMPORTANT This hotfix modifies report and receipt template files that are installed on your machine. If you have made modification to the files that are installed with Microsoft Dynamics RMS, make backups of these files before you install the hotfix. After you install this hotfix, you have to merge your customizations into the new files in order to receive the fixes that are described earlier in this section. For more information about the report and receipt template files that are modified with this hotfix, reference the 3058058.txt file that is included with the hotfix download.
This rollup is a cumulative hotfix that includes all the hotfixes that were released since Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5).
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics RMS Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) installed. To verify this, follow these steps:
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, click About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that Cumulative Update 5 (build number 2.0.2000) or a later build is installed.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has any one of the following programs installed:
- Headquarters Client
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Server
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer on which the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, click Configuration, click the Schedule tab, and then click to select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Click OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We have not tested environments that are partly updated, and we do not support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, click Continue.
- Select the folder to which you want to extract the files, and then click OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0-kb3058058.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps:
- Start any Headquarters program or any Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, click About. If the version number that is listed is 2.0.2017, the hotfix rollup is installed.
Article ID: 3058058 - Last Review: 03 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2