Note The AI authentication certificate contained in this update is valid until March 20th, 2017. Its issuing certificate is valid until March 10th, 2017.
You are trying to install a new Asset Intelligence synchronization point and it is making its first connection attempt to the System Center Online service
Your existing Asset Intelligence synchronization point tries to use the public authentication certificate to renew the specific per-installation certificate.
In either of these scenarios, System Center Online will reject the public authentication certificate and you will receive the following error message in the Asset Intelligence pane of the Configuration Manager Console.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager products
Additionally, the following error message is logged in the Aiupdatesvc.log file:
Asset Intelligence Catalog Sync Service Error: 0 :<Log Date>:Exception attempting sync - The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThis update should be installed at the topmost site in the hierarchy.
How to install the hotfix
For System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 2 onlyInstall the latest Cumulative Update or this hotfix KB3060648 to upgrade the Asset Intelligence synchronization point binary containing the certificate.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article to download the hotfix package named ConfigMgr_2012_SP2_R2SP1_CU0_QFE_KB3060648_ENU.exe.
- Close any opened instance of the Configuration Manager administrative console before installing this hotfix.
- Double-click the hotfix package ConfigMgr_2012_SP2_R2SP1_CU0_QFE_KB3060648_ENU.exe to start the installation of the hotfix on the Configuration Manager site server.
- When you install the update, the hotfix installer resets the Asset Intelligence synchronization point site system role. This restarts the AI_UPDATE_SERVICE_POINT service.
For all Configuration Manager releasesInstall the certificate file available in this hotfix KB3060648 to manually renew the Asset Intelligence certificate.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article to download the hotfix package named ConfigMgrAICert-KB3060648.exe.
- Double-click the hotfix package to open the Microsoft Self-Extractor dialog box, click Yes to accept the License Agreement, select a location for the extracted files, and click OK to continue and unzip the files.
- Run the ConfigMgrAICert-KB3060648.exe file to extract the 8EBC7D60-4ACA-07F2-7004-A799B2C2B096.pfx certificate file to a location that can be accessed by the site server.
- In the Configuration Manager console, find the computer name of the Asset Intelligence synchronization point server in the following location:
For System Center Configuration Manager 2007
System Center Configuration Manager\Site Database (site code, site name)\Site Settings\Site Systems
For all System Center 2012 Configuration Manager products …
Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Servers and Site System Roles
- Right-click the Asset Intelligence synchronization point, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, specify the path of the certificate file, and then click OK.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the following two updates:
2733615 An update for the bootstrap certificate in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Asset Intelligence is available
2783924 Asset Intelligence sync point doesn’t sync with the System Center Online service after you install hotfix 2733615 on a Windows Server 2003-based Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server
Article ID: 3060648 - Last Review: 26 Apr 2017 - Revision: 4