- You have a forest root domain (domain-1.com) and a tree root (domain-2.com) in the same forest.
- You add a Domain Name System (DNS) server (DNS1) to domain-2.com.
- You create the following forward lookup zones:
- domain-1.com primary (not Active Directory [AD] Integrated)
- domain-2. com primary (not AD Integrated)
- _msdsc.domain-1.com primary (not AD integrated)
- After all computers register their records, you disable dynamic updates on the domain-1.com zone. Then, you delete the A record under domain-1.com.
- You add a Windows Server 2012 R2 member server to domain-2.com, and then you point it to DNS1.domain-1.com.
- You create a Group Policy Object (GPO) in domain-2.com, configure security on the GPO, and then add some accounts from domain-1.com and from domain-2.com.
- You try to back up the GPO by using the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC).
In this scenario, the GPO backup is unsuccessful, and you receive the following error message:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 3060682 - Last Review: 14 Jul 2015 - Revision: 1