- You have the AutoCfg option enabled on a Windows Embedded Compact 2013 device.
- The device obtains an IP address from Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and then starts duplicate address detection (DAD) by broadcasting an Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) request.
- The IP address is being used by another device on the network.
In this scenario, DAD fails after an ARP response is received. Therefore, the device cannot join the network.
Software update information
Download informationWindows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (April 2015) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to Microsoft OEM Online or MyOEM.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 3060816 - Last Review: 21 May 2015 - Revision: 1