- You use Bluetooth in Windows Embedded Compact 2013 with a USB-based dongle that's provided by a vendor on the i.Mx6 platform.
- You use the default HCI Transport layer that's provided on a Windows Embedded Compact 2013 device.
- You use the default UI in Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
- You have the Bluetooth Settings (bthsettings) User Interface module turned on for pairing to a mobile device.
When you connect from the mobile device to the Windows Embedded Compact 2013 device without opening the bthsettings UI, the pairing is successful one time. However, this triggers the bthsettings UI, and the next time that you connect from the mobile device to the Windows Embedded Compact 2013 device, the mobile device requests manual key insertion. As soon as you provide the key on the mobile device and pairing is initiated, a "pairing rejected" notification is displayed on the mobile device.
When you connect from the mobile device to the Windows Embedded Compact 2013 device while the bthsettings UI is open, the pairing is unsuccessful.
Software update information
Download informationWindows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (April 2015) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to Microsoft OEM Online or MyOEM.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 3061987 - Last Review: 21 May 2015 - Revision: 1