- You open a socket from a kernel driver and use an asynchronous IO on the socket in Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
- You run the WSAEventSelect function together with the FD_CLOSE flag, and then you use the CloseSocket function to close the socket.
- You call the WaitForSingleObject function that uses the same event handles that are used for the WSAEventSelect function.
In this scenario, the WaitForSingleObject function returns a WAIT_FAILED response. After the call to the CloseSocket function, the WSAEnumNetworkEvents and WSAWaitForMultipleEvents functions fail with a WSA_INVALID_HANDLE error.
Note The nonblocking CloseSocket function starts a graceful socket closure. This process may involve some data exchange. The calling driver must be able to use the WSAWaitForMultipleEvents and WSAEnumNetworkEvents functions in order to wait for a graceful socket closure.
Software update information
Download informationWindows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (April 2015) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to Microsoft OEM Online or MyOEM.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.