- You have a Windows system that is hosting Internet Information Services (IIS).
- IIS is deploying the Rights Management Service (RMS).
- The DRMAcquireLicense API is executed immediately after one of the following actions occurs:
- IIS is restarted.
- The Windows system is restarted.
- Under the Licensing site, start IIS Manager.
- Under _wmcs, click the licensing site
- Under the features view, select Authentication.
- Right-click Windows Authentication, and then click Advanced settings.
- On the Advanced Settings window, clear the Enable Kernel Mode Authentication check box, and then click OK.
- Right-click Windows Authentication, and then click Provider.
- In the Provider window, delete Negotiate, and then click OK.
Because NTLM Pre-Authentication cannot be used for Kernel Mode Authentication, IIS returns HTTP_STATUS_DENIED to the client. Therefore, the authentication dialog box appears in DRMAcquireLicense.
Note When you complete the authentication through the dialog box, the dialog box will not reappear. Instead, the client and IIS will use NTLM authentication afterward.
Article ID: 3063125 - Last Review: 19 May 2015 - Revision: 1