This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Update rollups that are includedNote System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager update rollups are cumulative. Therefore, this update rollup contains new payloads for the following updates together with the content that's included with the following System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager update rollups:
New issues that are fixed
- Service Manager does not let users save any changes in a form, and the user receives the following error message.
This issue occurs if any workflow or any other user has made changes to same item at the same time.
With this update rollup installed, Service Manager lets the items be saved successfully in the case of non-conflicting disjoint changes. To read more about this update, click here.
- Employee-Manager relationship is not established when both the users are imported through different Active Directory connectors.
- MPSync Data Warehouse job frequently stops responding because deployer jobs in Data Warehouse try to re-create already existing Primary & Foreign keys.
- During execution of the Active Directory connector, the console may experience a significant decrease in performance because the Active Directory connector performs a full sync after every domain controller failover. With this update installed, the Active Directory connector should sync only those items that have changed after an earlier sync, including after a domain controller failover.
- If a user changes from having a manager in Active Directory to not having a manager, the relationship is not removed or updated in the configuration management database (CMDB).
- The Get-SCDWInfraLocations cmdlet (included in Update Rollup 5) is improved to support automation and all PowerShell standards. These include the following:
- The cmdlet was renamed as Get-SCDWInfraLocation. This was done for compliance with PowerShell naming conventions.
- Originally this cmdlet expected the “DWServer” parameter, but now this parameter has been removed. The cmdlet now accepts the same parameters as the other DW cmdlets, and the “ComputerName” parameter can be used to pass the DW server name. Additionally, the “Credential” parameter is used for passing credentials to log on to the DW server. These parameters are the same across most of the DW cmdlets.
- The cmdlet now returns an object to the PowerShell pipeline instead of just text output. This makes this cmdlet automation-friendly, which means that this cmdlet can be used in scripting.
- The default format of the output is the Table format, and this can be customized.
- Detailed Help documentation has been added to the cmdlet.
- The Actual Start Date and Actual End Date fields are not populated for most activities. After this update is installed, these fields should be populated for all types of activities in Service Manager.
- The Service Manager console crashes when you try to open an email message that has a colon (:) in its name and that was attached to an incident through Exchange Connector (for example, prefixes “RE:” and “FW:” that are added by Outlook).
- The SLA information that appears in the Service Manager console does not reflect an updated status in Data Warehouse if there are multiple status changes during extract.
- The request offering wizard displays a cryptic "XML parsing error" message and prevents the user from continuing with creation of the request offering. This causes a problem if management packs are changed in Visual Studio (or in any program that "pretty-prints" XML).
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
Download informationUpdate packages for System Center Service Manager are available from the Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft Update CatalogGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
Important When you download this update (update 3063263), be sure to download update 3099983 if this is appropriate:
Article ID: 3063263 - Last Review: 31 Dec 2015 - Revision: 1