Date: Date and time
Event ID: 5973
Task Category: (5973)
User: User ID
Computer: Computer name
Activation of app AppID failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
1. Backup the user profile data files on the old user account:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
- In the Search box, type Show hidden files and folders and press Enter.
- In the Folder Options dialog, in the View tab, look under Advanced settings, and set the following settings:
- Show hidden files, folders, and drives button needs to be selected
- Hide extensions for known file types needs to be unchecked
- Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) needs to be unchecked
- In File Explorer, locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to back up.
- Select and copy all of the files and folders in this folder, expect for the following files:
- NtUser.log (or if it does not exist, instead exclude the two log files called ntuser.dat.log1 and ntuser.dat.log2)
- Paste the files in a backup location of your choosing. You can retrieve your old user account profile from this backup location if needed, however you should be aware that the files that were under C:\Users\<Old_Username>\AppData\Local\Packages were likely corrupted, and there may be other files corrupted as well.
Article ID: 3064045 - Last Review: 14 May 2015 - Revision: 1